The passing of ships - c. 1930s - (Via)
Jiminy cricket, he flew the coop!
dane dehaan with a dane dehaan t-shirt with dane dehaan on it
Lutz Bacher, Appropriated Celestial Photographs, (2012)
Is there anything about Scott you dislike?
yeah, of course
- the way he had sometimes treated Zelda like wow he probably won douchebag of the year award a couple of times (also Sheilah; he could be quite emotionally manipulative sometimes)
- his depression/multiple suicide attempts/his alcoholism
- though, for the previous two (more so the last one), it’s not exactly that I dislike it because he was mentally ill and also being mentally ill I can completely understand, it’s just I wish he could have been a slightly better person & a lot happier bc he deserved to be happy so I dislike it in that aspect
- kind of sexist & racist and I don’t think it’s really fair to blow it off as “oh it was just the time he was alive in” bc there were plenty of people who weren’t at that time and look at how many sexist & racist mindsets are still around in the year 2014
- despite holding a very very poor image of himself, he could sometimes be really narcissistic & it’s sometimes annoying to read tbh but it was probs just a defense mechanism
- also he was kind of pretentious sometimes like I feel like if he were alive today he’d be the guy who shows up 20 minutes late with Starbucks and is totally judging you for reading ebooks over actual paper books; kind of elitist is what I mean
those are the major points I think, I can’t really think of much else
"The Teenage Gaze" photographed by Petra Collins